Homeowners who just had roof replacements please read.

This is a flue vent pipe that was accidentally knocked loose during a recent roof replacement. Our Brian reattached it asap.

First…this is in NO way roof company bashing.

However, some roofing contractors may not realize that moving the vent stacks on the roof can unintentionally cause a carbon monoxide leak.

Fuel burning systems like furnaces, water heaters, gas stoves have flue pipes venting through the roof. These venting systems are in place to make sure carbon monoxide and other dangerous gases are directed outside your home.

These pipes can be accidentally knocked loose during a roof repair/replacement or during a storm and left unchecked.

It is imperative to verify that the vents are reconnected to any fuel-burning appliance. If they are not attached properly, you and your family can be at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Per Angie’s List, “Over 400 American citizens die each year from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning and thousands more are admitted to emergency rooms with carbon monoxide-related sickness from exposure.”

What to do:
Check the flue vent piping that ascends from your gas appliances into the attic to make sure the pipes have not come loosened or disconnected.

If you need help checking this or do not feel comfortable going into your attic to check, call us and we will be happy to help you.

Advanced AC cares about you and your family. We have seen this issue on furnaces toomany times and want our clients and community safe from carbon monoxide exposure.